- Current Projects
- Material Performance
- Design Rules for Solid-State Join-Ability of High Temperature Structural Alloys-Extended
- ICWE Predictive Tools for FSW – from Process to Performance
- Multi-scale Modeling of Brazed Joints in Ni-base Super Alloys for Gas Turbine Applications Phase II
- Multiscale Characterization and Modelling for Hybrid Joining of Dissimilar Material Combinations for the Transportation Industry
- Process Modeling of Mash Seam Welding
- Process Innovation, Development, and Additive Manufacturing
- Weldability Testing and Evaluation
- Closed Projects
The projects that fall under this thrust area have an emphasis on modeling.
About Our Modeling-Focused Projects
Process, microstructural, and structural modeling specific to joining and additive manufacturing has evolved to the point where models can be applied to a broad range of industrial applications and is used in the majority of Ma²JIC's projects. Members have experienced the benefits of modeling and simulation to increase process and materials understanding, expedite development, improve performance, and extend the lifetime of products.
[For Members] In order to access project updates, results, and information, click on the link to box (below) associated with each project.