- Current Projects
- Material / Joint Performance
- Additive / Process Development / Control
- Materials / Microstructure / Weldability
- Weldability Testing and Evaluation
- External Weld Repair of Coke Drums
- Optimal Composition Window of Type 410 Welding Consumables and Base Metals for Hydro-processing
- Computational Tools for Determining Process Conditions for the Laser Beam & Electron Beam Welding of Strategic Materials
- Developing the Relationship Between Micro Hardness, Instrumented Indentation, and Impact Toughness in Structural Steels
- Effect of Interstitial Elements on the Weldability of Nickel Base Alloys-OSU
- Effect of interstitial elements on the weldability of nickel base alloys
- Exploration and Development of New Technologies for Coke Drum Fabrication and Repair
- Optimal Composition Window of Type 410 Welding Consumables and Base Metals for Hydroprocessing Applications in Refineries and Chemical Plants
- Zinc Effects of Mechanical Behavior of AHSS Welds
- Closed Projects
Weldability Testing and Evaluation
The projects that fall under this thrust area have an emphasis on weldability testing and evaluation.
About Our Research on Weldability Testing and Evaluation
Successful adoption of conventional and advanced materials requires the ability to successfully fabricate and join them, but without fundamental materials knowledge failures can occur. Ma²JIC research teams examine the material weldability to determine effective methods and approaches to successfully join these materials and quantitatively access its weldability.
[For Members] In order to access project updates, results, and information, click on the link to box (below) associated with each project.