You are here
- Home >
- Antonio Ramirez
Antonio Jose Ramirez
- Professor, Materials Science Engineering
1248 Arthur E. Adams Drive
Columbus, OH 43221
Dr. Ramirez' research concentrates on the advanced characterization of different type of materials ranging from structural to functional. However, he devotes much of his effort to the study of metallic materials welded/joined using arc welding processes and solid state processes as friction stir welding. Such studies seek to unveil the fundamentals behind such processes effects on the materials structure and performance. For such work, he uses from conventional to advanced tools as transmission electron microscopy and synchrotron x-rays beamlines. As part of his work he has developed and widely applied dedicated instrumentation and software to study materials phase transformations and performance on real time, using electron microscopes and synchrotron x-ray diffraction beam-lines.
- de Pauli,M; Malachias,A; Westfahl,H; Bettini,J; Ramirez,A; Huang,G,S; Mei,Y,F; Schmidt,O,G, 2011, "Study of roughness evolution and layer stacking faults in short-period atomic layer deposited HfO2/Al2O3 multilayers." JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS 109, no. 6, 063524 - 063524.
- Ramirez,Antonio,J; Sowards,Jeffrey,W; Lippold,John,C, 2006, "Improving the ductility-dip cracking resistance of Ni-base alloys." JOURNAL OF MATERIALS PROCESSING TECHNOLOGY 179, no. 1-3, 212-218 - 212-218.
- Ramirez,A,J; Juhas,M,C, 2003, "Microstructural evolution in Ti-6Al-4V friction stir welds." THERMEC'2003, PTS 1-5 426-4, 2999-3004 - 2999-3004.
Papers in Proceedings
- LIPPOLD,J,C; Sowards,J,W; Murray,G,M; Alexandrov,B,T; Ramirez,A,J "Weld Solidification Cracking in Solid-Solution Strengthened Ni-Base Filler Metals." in 2nd International Workshop on Hot Cracking Phenomena in Welds. (1 2008).
- Ramirez,A,J; Juhas,M,C "Microstructural evolution in Ti-6Al-4V friction stir welds." in 4th International Conference on Processing and Manufacturing of Advanced Materials. (1 2003).